Effective March 28, 2019
Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find we make it available on our homepage.
The Information We Collect
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston website. The types of personal information collected at these pages are:
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Credit/Debit Card Information, etc.
On some pages, you can submit information for other people. For example, if you give a donation in honor of someone, you will need to submit the recipient’s address or email address. In this circumstance, the types of personal information collected are:
- Email Address
The Way We Use Information
We may also use your personal and non-personal information in the following ways:
- Entering your information into our databases for internal record keeping, reporting, and data analysis
- Communicating with you to obtain your input, provide information about our programs and events, or request contributions (provided you have opted to receive such communications)
- Improving our programs and services
- Customizing our website according to your interests
- Sharing information with limited third parties who help us manage our website and databases, and who assist us with our marketing efforts
- Sharing information with third parties as required by law, or a part of a legal process
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
How to Opt-Out
You may opt-out of our information sharing policy at anytime by selecting the appropriate opt-out box on our website or calling us at 713-533-4900.
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please call us at 713-533-4900 or send us an email at email@example.com.