Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston, like many of our faith partners across the city and beyond are working hard to understand what worship, ritual and community look like in a world of social distancing. We are working with our community partners to get important information to faith communities and faith leaders of Houston during these uncertain times. Below, please find recordings of weekly meetings we are hosting with medical leaders and community experts as well as websites for up-to-date information.
Together, The Strength of Shared Beliefs will make us a stronger community as we face our challenges together.
INTERFAITH RELATIONS & COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP
WEBINARS for FAITH COMMUNITIES
Thursdays from 10 am – 11 am
WEBSITES AND RESOURCES FOR FAITH COMMUNITIES
- Centers for Disease Control guidance for faith communities
- Covid 19 Self-Assessment Guidelines
- Emergency Information from the City of Houston. Register for alerts at http://houstonemergency.org.
- Meals on Wheels is also providing no-contact food deliveries for homebound senior
- School Districts offering “grab-n-go” lunches
- No-contact food deliveries for high-risk Houston residents
- “What if Easter, Passover and Ramadan get canceled?”
- 10 guidelines for pastoral care during the coronavirus outbreak
- Gateway to Hope mental health & trauma group training in Houston
- Volunteer Houston: volunteerhouston.org
- Meals on Wheels: Click here for more information on applying or volunteering.
- Faith Communities can apply to become a temporary distribution center with the Houston Food Bank by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CrowdSource Rescue connects volunteers to assist with no-contact food deliveries to high-risk Houston residents.
- Contact the Texas Workforce Commission for employment issues caused by COVID-19
- SBA Disaster Assistance Loans
Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston will be here to support the needs of our faith communities and their leaders. If there are additional resources, websites, or contacts you would like for us to include, please contact, Kim Mabry at email@example.com.
Our prayers are with you all.
The Interfaith Relations & Community Partnership Team