IMpower Women’s Initiative is a membership group that unites a diverse group of women in dialogue and action through community events, coffee chats, service projects, and large events to empower themselves, the next generation, and the community. IMpower is a program of Interfaith Ministries’ Interfaith Relations and Community Partnerships Department.
Tuesday, June 8th, 2021
7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Host Committee and Sponsorship opportunities available now! Click here for more information.
About the Concert:
IMpowered Voices: A Unity Concert is an uplifting, virtual storytelling concert showcasing a diverse group of talented local artists, celebrating unity, harmony and empowerment, and highlighting the critical mission work of Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston. IMpowered Voices: A Unity Concert, hosted by IMpower, the women’s initiative of Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston, supports our work to feed 5000+ homebound seniors and their pets daily, resettle refugees, promote interfaith dialogue, service and collaboration, and transform our community through volunteerism and Volunteer Houston.
We are honored and delighted to announce our line-up of local artists:
- ROBYN TROUP is an American singer who was the winner of the “My Grammy Moment” contest organized by NARAS and Yahoo! Music in 2007. She is the granddaughter of Rev. William A. Lawson.
- AHI AJAYAN is a high school senior who is classically trained in Indian music.
- ARSHENOOR ANKLESHWARIA is a classically trained singer and piano teacher.
- DEE DEE DOCHEN & VICKI MERWIN are two friends and vocalists who perform professionally with various groups in both public venues and at private events in addition to their careers in crisis management and financial planning, respectively.
- INTERNATIONAL VOICES HOUSTON is a multicultural choir in Houston that inspires, educates, and brings joy to its audiences through world music.
Melanie Lawson will emcee IMpowered Voices: A Unity Concert. Melanie Lawson and Robyn Troup continue the family legacy of Rev. William A. Lawson, who is honored as one of the Three Amigos on our Brigitte and Bashar Kalai Plaza of Respect.