Department: Meals on Wheels (Volunteer Services)
Supervisor: Volunteer Services (VS) Manager
Location: 3202 San Jacinto St., Houston, TX 77004
Classification: Part-time (25 hours per week) / Non-exempt
Supervisory Role: No
The Data & Communications Coordinator is directly responsible for maintaining complete and accurate records on all Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston volunteers to ensure that all files are funder compliant. Key duties of this role include but are not limited to properly processing volunteer applications, communicating with volunteers when a file is incomplete, and thoroughly entering volunteer data into Raiser’s Edge. The role of Data and Communications Coordinator is highly analytical and requires a strong attention to detail but must not conflict with our People First goal of providing exceptional customer service to all.
1. Responsible for processing all volunteer applications, including criminal background checks, sending New Volunteer Welcome Letter, invitations to upcoming trainings, entry into database, and creates & distributes badges to fully trained volunteers.
2. Maintains detailed and accurate volunteer records, assuring all volunteer files are TAC compliant, including, but not limited to, copies of valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
3. Collects volunteer hours each month from various distribution sites, staff and departments and enters data into Raisers Edge.
4. Produces thorough monthly reports regarding volunteer participation and activity.
5. Draft, edit and send monthly volunteer newsletter and manage Volunteer of the Month initiative.
6. Tracks individual volunteer employers and assists volunteers with completing and submitting volunteer grants.
7. Monitors volunteer anniversaries, milestones in hours/years, and birthdays in order to coordinate appropriate routine recognition.
8. Promotes IMGH volunteer opportunities by maintaining listings on recruitment websites including but not limited to Volunteer Houston, Volunteer Match, America Let’s Do Lunch, etc.
9. Design, conduct and analyze surveys to measure volunteer satisfaction.
10. Assist in the coordination and execution of large annual events including but not limited to, MOW Thanksgiving, MOW Holiday Gift Bags and Operation IMpact.
11. Participate as a member of the Volunteer Services Team by attending department meetings and events, supervising volunteers, and conducting trainings/orientations as needed.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
2. Two to three years of administrative or data entry experience. Prior experience working with volunteers strongly preferred.
3. Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
4. Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
5. Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision, assisting and calling on team members as necessary.
6. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to plan and organize multiple tasks, handle detailed work and meet deadlines.
7. Comfortable working with and addressing culturally and ethnically diverse staff, volunteers and community groups.
8. Willingness to attend and complete Food Manager’s Certification Program.
9. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook).
10. Prior experience and/or willingness and ability to learn necessary software including Raiser’s Edge, Servtracker, Volgistics and Luminate.
11. Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, vehicle registration, inspection and liability insurance as required by law.
12. Available to work some weekends and evenings.
13. Able to do moderate lifting and carry 15- 50 lbs.
This position is generally set in a comfortable office environment, but it may occasionally require outside of office work. It requires seeing, hearing, talking, sitting and walking on a daily basis. It may require bending and lifting 15-50 pounds on an infrequent basis. Client field work may occur during or after business hours and it requires talking, writing, driving in inclement weather, walking on uneven surfaces and standing for upwards of 30 minutes straight, depending on the situation.
Performing arithmetic operations and reporting on and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to them on a daily basis.
Examining and evaluating data. Presenting alternative actions in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
Gathering, collating, or classifying information about data. Reporting and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters to:
Human Resources – email@example.com