Supervisor: Payroll & Benefits Manager
Location: 3303 Main Street, Houston, TX 77002
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Supervisory Role: No
The Payroll & Benefits Coordinator is a hands-on contributor whose role is to help manage all Payroll & Benefits functions. With diverse yet substantive job responsibilities, the Payroll & Benefits Coordinator will work with both current employees and new hires, making this a key position within the organization.
Responsible for employee and position data processing, coordination of Payroll/Benefits functions and responsibilities including creation, maintenance and review of personnel records, employee and supervisor customer service, and ensuring compliance with processes and regulations.
• Manage activities pertaining to benefits and payroll, including supporting biweekly payroll processing, benefits processing/changes, benefits open enrollment and employee file maintenance.
• Process personnel action forms (new hire, change, bonus and termination forms). Review and enter personnel action forms, hiring paperwork and administrative changes on a daily basis.
• Reconcile insurance billings with employee enrollments and resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner.
• Work with HR/Payroll team to coordinate the Benefits Open Enrollment process, forms and system updates including enrollment of employees into appropriate benefit plans.
• Respond to internal and external payroll/benefits related inquiries or requests. Provide high quality customer service to IM’s employees and supervisors.
• Maintain electronic and physical personnel records and help ensure all employment requirements are met. Maintain MVR/Driver’s License, auto insurance, and other compliance/audit records and reporting.
• Verify wages/employment and provide information to employees as requested.
• Respond to unemployment compensation claims in a timely manner with appropriate documentation.
• Manage random, post-accident and for-cause drug testing of all employees.
• Prepare and submit Worker’s Compensation, Disability, and FMLA paperwork to the insurance carrier, including first report of injury, DWC3 and DWC6 report following the required schedule.
• Prepare HR/Payroll reporting on a scheduled and ad-hoc basis, including billing and reporting for governmental and other funders.
• Help ensure compliance with all federal and state employment laws.
• Participate in special projects and support other functions as assigned.
• Proven experience as an HR coordinator or Payroll & Benefits/administrative position
• Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular); Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems (ADP strongly preferred); Ability to work with other relevant software
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle data with confidentiality
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; study or certification in Payroll or Human Resources is a plus
COGNITIVE & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
1. DATA ENTRY – this position requires strong attention to detail, repetitious work and information entry into various databases on an ongoing, daily basis. The incumbent must have strong attention to detail and data entry work accuracy to be successful in this position.
2. COMPUTING – Performing arithmetic operations and reporting on and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to them on a daily basis.
3. COMPILING – Gathering, collating, or classifying information about data. Reporting and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
This position is set in a comfortable office environment. It will require seeing, hearing, talking in person and on the phone, sitting and walking on a daily basis.
Some work may occur after business hours and it may require occasional driving including driving in inclement weather conditions, walking on uneven surfaces and standing upwards for 30 minutes straight, depending on the situation.