Department: Meals on Wheels
Supervisor: Vice President of Meals on Wheels
Location: 3202 San Jacinto St., Houston, TX 77004
Classification: Full-time/Exempt (some evenings and weekends are required)
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
The Business Administrator works in an environment in which safety, client, and environmental concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to contractual guidelines and program policies in these areas is required. The business administrator must focus on internal and external customers’ expectations and strive for continuous improvement resulting in improved results for customers and other employees. This position is responsible for the effective operation of the department, including data research and reporting, compliance support, billing support and administrative support for MOW leadership. This role also serves as a member of the MOW Management team.
Program and Compliance
• Support MOW in programmatic and compliance activities by being the liaison with partner agencies as needed to assure fulfillment of contract responsibilities. Monitor and track compliance activity and deadlines.
• In support of Vice President, MOW and CFO, prepare contracts, MOUs and CDRs for the MOW department
• Maintain the MOW fleet records system. Ensure that registration and insurance records for the fleet are up to date.
Research and Data
• Compile departmental data and generate reports. Assist with program billings and reporting as needed. Conduct research and aggregate data as needed. Assist in program evaluation process.
• Utilize current department tracking tool, which could include ServTracker or Raiser’s Edge for MOW relationships. This includes creating after action reports, updating and maintaining records, and running queries and reports. Ensure that all other lists and spreadsheets are organized and updated and management of file locations on shared drive.
Collaboration with Stakeholders
• Serve as the primary contact for the MOW department for internal and external stakeholders, including other IMGH departments and MOW Committees. Serve as primary contact for resolving issues and completing requests.
• Development of presentations to IMGH or to external agencies.
Billing & Administrative Support
• Assist the Vice President, MOW with monitoring department budget (excluding staff salary information). Generation and reconciliation of expense invoices, travel and other reimbursements against budget.
• Coordinate and record minutes for various committee meetings including but not limited to MOW Committee, Healthy Aging committee, MOW Leadership team meeting. Prepare notes from each of these meetings. (some meetings may occur after regular business hours).
• Other direct support and administrative duties for Vice President, MOW
1. Bachelor’s degree required
2. 2-3 years of compliance and document control experience preferred.
3. Must be computer literate. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Access) is required. Experience with ServTracker and Raiser’s Edge preferred.
4. Strong mathematical/data analytic skills and ability to produce reports in a variety of formats, depending on audience.
5. Customer service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills.
6. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
7. Must be detail oriented and possess exceptional organizational skills.
8. Able to manage and coordinate multiple tasks, deadlines and competing priorities in a professional manner.
9. Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance as required by law.
10. Availability to work after regular business hours on as needed basis.
COGNITIVE & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
1. COMPUTING – Performing arithmetic operations and reporting on and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to them on a daily basis.
2. ANALYZING – Examining and evaluating data. Presenting alternative actions in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
3. COMPILING – Gathering, collating, or classifying information about data. Reporting and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
Position Setting – This position is set in a comfortable office environment. Periodic visits to meeting or event sites for assistance may be necessary. It will require seeing, hearing, talking, sitting and walking on a daily basis.
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters to:
Human Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org