Department: Senior Services
Supervisor: Meals on Wheels Driver Coordinator
Location: 3202 San Jacinto St., Houston, TX 77004
Classification: Non-exempt/Part-time (17.5 hours per week)
Hourly Rate: $9.50/hour + mileage
To provide accurate, reliable and courteous daily meal delivery to Meals on Wheels program clients using personal transportation.
We are looking for someone to:
1) deliver meals to our clients in a reliable and friendly manner
2) check on them and report changes in their well-being
3) be a courteous driver while using your own vehicle
4) keep good records about your time working and the meals you are delivering
We provide ON-THE-JOB TRAINING and want you to continue to learn about our funders, safety, and maintenance.
You would be an excellent candidate if you already:
1. have a high school diploma or an equivalent.
2. read and write English to follow written instructions.
3. passed your 21st birthday
4. have your own automobile, valid driver’s license and liability insurance, and good driving record.
5. have your own smart phone with GPS enabled and able to use navigation and other mobile apps.
7. have good interpersonal skills and ability to develop good rapport with clients.
8. have ability to lift 20 pounds on a regular basis.
Because we deliver to client homes, you should know that this position consists of sitting while driving, walking on different surfaces, and bending to get and carry meals.
If this sounds like a challenge you are ready to accept and make a difference in the lives of our clients in the community, please complete our application!