Department: Meals on Wheels (Client Services)
Supervisor: Client Services Manager
Location: 3202 San Jacinto St., Houston, TX 77004
Classification: Full-time/Non-Exempt (some evenings and weekends are required)
Supervisory Role: No
Provide Casework services to clients who are veterans. Update ServTracker data base with case management notes. Assist Manager of Client Services with implementing quality assurance measures by effectively tracking client referrals and outcomes.
1. Assess veteran clients for nutritional and other needs.
2. Provide direct case management or referrals to clients who are veterans, including home visits when appropriate.
3. Follow up on senior-client referrals made including those made by Manager and Interns with both clients and referral agencies as appropriate.
4. Collect proof of honorable discharged veteran status from seniors.
5. Transfer, manage and update case management notes in the ServTracker database.
6. Undertake research to expand and qualify referral agencies assisting veterans.
7. Prepare and submit programmatic, billing and other reports as required.
8. Work with Volunteer Services to provide various services to IM seniors, including AniMeals and home repairs.
9. Work to increase number of veterans served through program.
10. Assist veterans in connecting to VA Healthcare and Benefits.
11. Assist with other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
1. Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Social Work preferred.
2. Client case work experience preferred.
3. Enjoy working with senior citizens. Experience working with low-income elderly a plus.
4. Must be able to maintain a work pace adequate to keep all computerized and paper records complete and accurate in a timely fashion.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills and must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
6. Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time.
7. Must have good judgment and be able to work with minimal supervision.
8. Automobile, valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance required.
This position is generally set in a comfortable office environment, but it may occasionally require outside of office work. It requires seeing, hearing, talking, sitting and walking on a daily basis. It may require bending and lifting 15-50 pounds on an infrequent basis. Client field work may occur during or after business hours and it requires talking, writing, driving in inclement weather, walking on uneven surfaces and standing for upwards of 30 minutes straight, depending on the situation.
Performing arithmetic operations and reporting on and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to them on a daily basis.
Examining and evaluating data. Presenting alternative actions in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
Gathering, collating, or classifying information about data. Reporting and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters to:
Human Resources – email@example.com