To apply for a position, please see the details of each position, as the documents requested might be different for each of them.
Due to a high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
We thank you for your understanding.
Classification: Part-Time (20 hours per week, 9:00am-1:00pm preferred schedule)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Supervisory Position: No
Provide clerical and administrative support to the Finance Department. Perform accounting, payroll and other tasks as requested by supervisor.
1. Review timecard reports and follow up with employees/managers on missing or inaccurate information.
2. Ensure that all accounts payable payment requests have appropriate documentation and manager approvals. Organize requests to enable efficient processing.
3. Create AP payment requests for Finance department expenses.
4. Process cash receipts in coordination with receptionist, Controller, AP Specialist and Database Manager.
5. Assist Controller with bank and petty cash reconciliations.
6. Perform scanning, filing, mailing, and other administrative tasks as needed.
7. All other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or GED required; associate's or higher degree and/or accounting course work preferred.
2. At least 1 year of accounting experience preferred.
3. Nonprofit/social services experience preferred.
4. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
5. Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
6. Able to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and adapt to change.
7. Must be able to carry/lift 5-20 lbs on an occasional basis. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs is preferred.
8. Must have a valid Texas driver's license and automobile liability insurance.
COGNITIVE & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
1. DATA ENTRY – this position requires strong attention to detail, repetitious work and information entry into various databases on an ongoing, daily basis. The incumbent must have strong attention to detail and data entry work accuracy to be successful in this position.
2. COMPUTING – Performing arithmetic operations and reporting on and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to them on a daily basis.
3. ANALYZING - Examining and evaluating data. Presenting alternative actions in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
4. COMPILING - Gathering, collating, or classifying information about data. Reporting and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
This position is set in a comfortable office environment. It will require seeing, hearing, talking in person and on the phone, sitting and walking on a daily basis.
Some work may occur after business hours and it may require occasional driving including driving in inclement weather conditions, walking on uneven surfaces and standing upwards for 30 minutes straight, depending on the situation. This position requires ability to carry between 5-20 lbs occasionally and up to 50 lbs during end of year season when paperwork is boxed up and carried to storage.
Department: Refugee Services
Supervisor: Deputy Director
Supervisory position: Yes
Coordinate State Case Management programs and Medical Case Management and provide services to refugees. Coordinate and manage referrals from other Refugee Services (RS) programs to ensure eliminating barriers for self sufficiency.
1. Conduct outreach to enroll clients in the Case Management and Medical Case Management programs.
2. Provide information, referral, and hands-on assistance to clients to resolve variety of needs.
3. Follow up with clients in a timely manner and document the follow up outcomes in RS database and Refugee Data Center.
4. Assist refugees with medical problems to access basic and specialty medical care.
5. Locate appropriate doctors and clinics, make appointments, and help clients to attend appointments.
6. Direct Case Management staff in provision of services and daily activities.
7. Conduct intake interview and explain client rights and responsibilities for Case Management and Medical Case Management clients.
8. Enter client information in Refugee Data Center.
9. Maintain case files and document all activities.
10. Prepare and submit reports of Case Management and Medical Case Management Programs and maintain case files as required by program guidelines.
11. Provide direct services and follow up for class A clients including but not limited to, referrals, transportation to different medical follow up appointments and other needs required to achieve medical and economical self sufficiency.
12. Complete Food Stamp recertification application and interview for eligible clients.
13. Provide language interpretation as required.
14. Organize and conduct Gold Card application for eligible clients.
15. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Capacity: Provide CM services to 150 clients/year and oversee services for up to 300/year
2. Provide CM services and ensure performance goals of Case Management and Medical Case Management programs are met.
3. Develop a strong referral network, with special emphasis on medical and benefits issues.
4. Complete all CM files according to program guidelines.
5. Complete all Medical Case Management files according to program guidelines.
COGNITIVE & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
1. Position Settings - Sitting, seeing, hearing talking, walking on daily basis on uneven surfaces, and standing for upwards of 30 minutes straight, depending on the situation. Bending, pushing and lifting up to 30 lbs can occur on weekly basis. Driving on weekly basis and some time driving in inclement weather
2. Computing - Performing arithmetic operations and reporting on and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to them on a daily basis.
3. Analyzing - Examining and evaluating data. Presenting alternative actions in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
4. Compiling - Gathering, collating, or classifying information about data. Reporting and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to the evaluation is frequently involved.
1. High school diploma or GED is required. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
2. At least three years relevant experience in social services including case management is preferred.
3. High degree of independent judgment and coordination skills.
4. Fluency in English is required. Fluency in one of the main refugee languages (Arabic, Spanish, Burmese, Bhutanese, Kiswahili) is preferred.
5. Must enjoy working with culturally and ethnically diverse staff, clients and volunteers.
6. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some weekends.
7. Must have a valid driver's license and automobile liability insurance.
Department: Senior Services
Supervisor: Meals on Wheels Driver Coordinator
Location: Central - 3625 Eastex Freeway - Houston, TX 77026
Classification: Non-exempt/Part-time (17.5 hours per week)
Hourly Rate: $8.50/hour + mileage
To provide accurate, reliable and courteous daily meal delivery to Meals on Wheels program clients using personal transportation.
Sitting while driving, standing, walking on uneven surfaces, and bending will be done on a daily basis. Seeing, hearing, and talking will be done constantly. Lifting 20 pounds on a regular basis, and carrying meals. Meal delivery will require getting out of a car and delivering meals to the client's house under different weather conditions (rain and high degree temperatures during summer).