Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston’s iLead Youth Engagement Program inspires, educates, and connects 8th grade students and a parent or guardian in a unique learning and service opportunity to build stronger interpersonal relationships, communication skills, and networking abilities across diverse faith and cultural backgrounds.
From January to May, student and parent/guardian participants will explore Houston’s diversity, learn what allyship means, and make a difference through volunteerism and service through monthly interactive, innovative, and fun programming.
By uniting students and a parent or guardian in dialogue, service, and collaboration, we offer opportunities to share quality time with each other, build and strengthen family bonds, and impact our community in a positive way.
- By encountering individuals representing Houston’s many cultures and beliefs
- By valuing the individuality and identities of others and taking pride in their own culture and heritage
- By developing leadership skills to carry into high school and beyond
- By understanding the value and importance of volunteerism and community service
- By standing with others as an ally
Program Details and Dates:
- Orientation – December 8 or December 14, 2022 at 6 pm – 7 pm via Zoom
- Session #1 – Sunday, January 15, 2023 at 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm (in-person)MLK Service Project & The Beloved Community & Allyship
- Session #2 – Sunday, February 19, 2023 at 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm (via Zoom)Exploring Greater Houston’s Interfaith and Cultural Diversity
- Session #3 – Sunday, March 26, 2023 at 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm (via Zoom)Navigating a Path of Success from Middle School to High School
- Session #4 – Saturday, April 15, 2023 at 9:00 am -11:30 am (in-person)Making a Difference through Volunteer Activities
- Session #5 – Sunday, May 7, 2023 at 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm (in-person)Graduation: Reflection, Recognition, and Appreciation Ceremony*iLead photography entries will be displayed and celebrated.