Department: Meals on Wheals
Supervisor: Meals on Wheels Driver Manager
Location: 4102 Main Street La Marque, TX 77568
Classification: Non-exempt/Part-time (Approximately 17.5 hours per week)
Hourly Rate: Beginning at $9.50/hour + mileage (Depends on experience)
To provide accurate, reliable and courteous daily meal delivery to Meals on Wheels program clients using personal transportation.
- Report to work at the exact assigned shift time (not before or after).
- Report any changes in a clients’ well-being (Wellness Check) to the respective MOW
- Operate and maintain personal vehicle with safety and courtesy to other drivers in the community.
- Deliver daily meals directly to clients in a reliable and friendly manner.
- Maintain cleanliness of the vehicle, meal carriers and personal hygiene.
- Read and interpret the route maps provided by the Driver Coordinator.
- Follow the assigned route and deliver the meals in a specified time frame required.
- Keep records of own timesheets and exact time spent on a route.
- Report any deviations from and reasons for inability to deliver meals in a required time frame on a daily basis.
- Maintain accurate records of meal delivery by properly circling route sheets.
- Keep accurate record of the count of daily meals served and submit a meals order for two days in advance.
- Act as a liaison between the clients and Coordinator/Manager by providing details of missed meals, client absences or potential complaints.
- Follow organization’s policies and procedures.
- Attend organization’s meetings and other mandatory events during or after assigned work shift.
- Attend MOW driver training before going on the first independent route.
- Follow IM’s safety procedures.
- Follow IM’s procedures related to the food handling and client service.
- Come to work regularly (no more than 2 absences in two weeks and 3 in 90 days).
- Request time off at least two weeks in advance.
First week on the job:
- Learn the twenty most common Texas Administrative Code items
- Learn the MOW funders
Within the first 90 days:
- Complete the Maintenance Course
- View two of five MOW educational videos
- Complete IM’s driver safety class (in-house)
- Become food certified
- Must have a high school diploma or an equivalent.
- Must be able to read and write English and follow written instructions.
- Must be over 21 years old and have a valid driver’s license with an excellent driving record.
- Must have reliable automobile, valid auto registration and inspection, and valid automobile liability insurance as required by law available for submission at all times during employment with the organization.
- Able to follow maps and written directions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly demeanor, courtesy and patience are required.
- Able to lift 20 pounds on a regular basis.
Sitting while driving, standing, walking on uneven surfaces, and bending will be done on a daily basis. Seeing, hearing, and talking will be done constantly. Lifting 20 pounds on a regular basis, and carrying meals. Meal delivery will require getting out of a car and delivering meals to the client’s house under different weather conditions (rain and high degree temperatures during summer).
Please note that all IM employees are subject to background check, drug testing and E-Verify (ability to work in the US). To apply for this job opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an application in person at 3303 Main Street, Houston, TX 77002. For in-person candidates, interviews are usually granted on the same day. For more information, please call 713-533-4900.