Department: Meals on Wheels
Supervisor: Senior VP for Programs & Chief of Staff
Location: 3202 San Jacinto, Houston, TX 77004
Salary: Depends on experience
Supervisory Role: No
The Program Administrator provides administrative and programmatic support to the Meals on Wheels (MOW) program. This position is responsible for supporting the effective operation of the program, including administrative duties, data research and reporting, compliance support, data entry and billing support. The Department Administrator is the primary administrative contact person for the department for any internal or external inquiries.
1. Support supervisor with administrative duties such as answering and directing phone calls, making copies, writing
correspondence, filing, sending and distributing mail, making travel arrangements, scheduling appointments, ordering supplies, and maintaining contact lists.
2. Coordinate meetings, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare facilities. Assist in developing meeting content,
marketing materials, and presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
3. Compile data and generate reports on MOW program metrics and goals. Conduct research and aggregate data as needed.
4. Assist with compliance activities, funder monitoring visits and audit preparation.
5. Help ensure the timely and accurate preparation of billings and reporting for all MOW contracts and grants. Enter client, route and meal data in ServTracker database.
6. Process all program invoices and reimbursement requests for the MOW program.
7. Support program operations by placing meal orders, tracking vehicle repair and maintenance, helping maintain current license and insurance information for staff, and other duties.
8. Maintain program relationship data in Raiser’s Edge database, including entering after action reports, updating partner records, and running queries and reports.
9. Manage MOW file locations on shared drive. Ensure contracts and other documents are scanned in and drives are organized.
10. Serve as the primary contact for the MOW program for internal and external stakeholders, including other IM departments and MOW Committees.
11. Become familiar with and remain current on all MOW contracts, regulations, MOUs, funders and other key partners. Help ensure that contract requirements, deadlines and action items are communicated to and completed by responsible parties at the agency.
12. Support special program events such as Thanksgiving and Operation Impact.
13. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and client management software systems. Experience with ServTracker or Raiser’s Edge
3. Data/analytical skills and ability to produce reports in a variety of formats, depending on audience.
4. Customer service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills.
5. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
6. Must be detail oriented and possess exceptional organizational skills.
7. Able to manage and coordinate multiple tasks, deadlines and competing priorities in a professional manner.
8. Availability to work after regular business hours on as needed basis. Valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance as required by law.