Department: Meals on Wheels (Volunteer Services)
Supervisor: VP of Meals on Wheels of GH & GC
Location: 3202 San Jacinto St., Houston, TX 77004
Classification: Part- Time exempt
Supervisory Role: Supervisory role of volunteers
The aniMeals on Wheels (aMOW) Volunteer Coordinator is primarily responsible for aMOW volunteer training, scheduling, coordination and retention. aniMeals on Wheels Volunteer Coordinator is also responsible for maintaining the needs of the aniMeals on Wheels pet food room including the inventory of pet food and other supplies, the entry of new clients into the program and the coordination of data such as route sheets. This position will also coordinate the Food For Seniors program.
Supervisory, Lead and Manage 200 animeals volunteers, up 150 chore chorps volunteers and 25 food boxes volunteers.
Serve as staff advisor to IM’s aniMeals Committee.
Manage and Coordinate the Pet Wellness Fairs.
Manage the Core Corps program.
Working with operations manage the Food box program/Food for Seniors program
Working with volunteers manage the aniMeals routes
Working with Volunteer Leadership Coordinate, Lead and Manage the Veterinary Services for the aniMeals program.
1. Coordinate with volunteers in the aMOW program by providing training, assigning routes/duties, creating and organizing route sheets, communicating updates, and collecting month-end volunteer figures for VS reporting and database entry.
2. Manage entry of new clients into the aMOW program including imputing data into Servtracker.
3. Coordinate with volunteers in the Food For Seniors program by providing training, assigning routes/duties, creating and organizing route sheets, communicating updates, and collecting month-end volunteer figures for VS reporting and database entry. Work with MOW Assistant Director of Operations to ensure that correct number of boxes are ordered each month.
4. Coordinate with the Meals on Wheels Assistant Director of Operations and staff to maintain organization and cleanliness in aniMeals on Wheels storage area.
5. Manage pet food storage and inventory of aMOW program in collaboration with counterpart aniMeals on Wheels Volunteer Coordinator.
6. Work closely with counterpart aMOW Volunteer Coordinator to ensure proper referral of aMOW clients to partnership programs including but not limited to Emancipet and TVMF.
7. Assist in recruiting volunteers by representing IM at speaking engagements, events, and fairs.
8. Assist with pick-up of in-kind donations and requests of in-kind donations.
9. Assist in the coordination and execution of large annual events such as MOW Thanksgiving Project, Holiday Gift Bags and Operation IMpact.
10. Participate as a member of the Volunteer Services Team by attending department meetings and events, supervising volunteers, and conducting trainings/orientations as needed.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Bachelors Degree preferred.
2. Two to three years of administrative experience, events coordination or volunteer work is preferred.
3. Fluency in written and spoken English is required, fluency in Spanish preferred.
4. Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
5. Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision, assisting and calling on team members as necessary.
6. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to plan and organize multiple tasks, handle detailed work and meet deadlines.
7. Comfortable working with and addressing culturally and ethnically diverse staff, volunteers and community groups.
8. Willingness to attend and complete Food Manager’s Certification Program.
9. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook).
10. Prior experience and/or willingness and ability to learn necessary software including Raiser’s Edge, Servtracker, Volgistics and Constant Contact.
11. Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance as required by law.
12. Available to work some weekends and evenings.
13. Able to do moderate lifting and carry 15- 50 lbs.